This is what it looked like before. The walls were in bad shape.
The shelves were awful!
This is behind the bi-fold doors. They were covered in dust.
The first thing I had to do was just clean it. I vacuumed up as much of the dust as I
could at first. Then, I used a sponge with soap and water to clean the rest.
I decided I wanted to paint the shelves grey, so the first thing was to sand everything down. I don't really like sanding,
but if you want the paint to stick, it's necessary. Having an electric sander helps.
Here's the color I used.
The shelves need to dry for about three days, before you put anything on them. If you don't, whatever you put on them will leave marks. I learned this the hard way in the past, so better to be patient.
My first idea was to put contact paper on the walls. It was a failed project. The contact paper didn't stick and I really didn't like the way it looked.
I decided to paint the walls instead. I love the blue and grey together.
Can't wait for the next project. The bi-fold doors are going!