Saturday, March 8, 2014

How to Make a Cake Stand



 
When planning our daughter, Cassie's wedding, we were looking for a cake stand.  They are very expensive, so we decided to come up with our own.  I found the styrofoam at a cake supply store.  I paid around $15.00 for it.  I had to order the mirror on line, since it was about $30.00 with shipping.  The bling was around $8.00, so it cost a little less than $55.00 to make it.

 This comes in a roll.  I think I got it from Michaels.  We just cut it the width of the styrofoam.






I don't have pictures of it, but we just glued the mirror onto the top of the styrofoam with a wood glue. You need to be careful what kind of glue you use on styrofoam.  We cut the bling down to fit the styrofoam and then put glue all the way around the side of the styrofoam.  We added the bling, and put straight pins in to hold it together.







Place straight pens on the other end, once it is done.




And here it is:




No comments:

Post a Comment