Saturday, October 12, 2013

Potato Bags

I heard about potato bags and wanted to see if they really worked, so I made one.  They really do work!  Just put your potato or sweet potato in the bag and cook them in the microwave for 5 minutes or less and you will have a fluffy potato. I wrapped a wet paper towel around each potato and placed them in the bag.  You can also use these cute little bags for corn on the cob and heating up flour tortillas.
  
I used the pattern from A Girl and a Glue Gun .  I really like the way hers look.
Here are some of the ones I made:

This is a larger bag. It measures approximately 10 1/2" x 10 1/2"
 


It is very important that you use 100% cotton, otherwise, they could start a fire in the microwave.  That includes the thread as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment