Saturday, November 2, 2013

Where There's a Will, There's a Way

I went to Goodwill the other day and they had a red Ikea couch in perfect condition for $50.00.  It was perfect for the girls' playing room, so I bought it.




 I told the cashier I needed to go to the grocery store and then would be back.  I asked him if they had rope in the back and he said, "Yeah, they should."  I guess "Should"  should have been my clue.  Of course, when I went to pick it up, they didn't have any rope and it was bigger than I had thought when they put it in my car. It was late, I had just come from the store, and I just wanted to get it and go home.  So, I looked in my car to see if there and anything I could use.  Well, I had two bags of grocery bags that I was intending to take to the grocery store some day.  For once, it was good to procrastinate.  I started tying them together to make a rope.  The two employees that I put it in my car just stood there watching the whole time.  One of them said I was very creative.  I had a heck of a time figuring out how to even attach it to my car, but I did it!  I didn't have to drive that far, so I was just praying I would make it.  Here are pictures of how it looked after I got home.


 

 It was a lot tighter when I started, so the bags must have stretched out, but, I did make it home. So, it worked!




No comments:

Post a Comment