We first applied Spackling Paste to all the areas that needed it. We used a trowel to smooth it out and let it dry. Once it was dry, we lightly sanded it down.
Once the walls were dry, we had to prime them. We applied spackling again to areas that still didn't look right and repeated the same process again.
The blinds had to go!!
Don't the white ones look better?
Once the walls were all done, we painted them a light pinkish mauve.
The paneling and dark doors were what made this room look so dark and closed in, so we wanted to brighten it up by painting them. We had to sand them all down first. We used a shop vac to help with keeping the dust down. It helped quit a bit, since there was so much to sand.
Here is what it looked like after we primed all the wood.
The door and cabinet doors were a dark brown also, so we had to sand them down and prime them too.
We painted the panelling and doors in a white satin.
Here's the final room.
It looks so much bigger and brighter.
This is our next project. Can't wait to open this space up more and brighten the family room up too.