Sunday, December 29, 2013

Making a Centerpiece

I don't consider myself to be one that is good on flower arrangements.  I've always been a little afraid to even try it. I went shopping at Hobby Lobby the day after Christmas and found these items marked down 66 percent and decided I would at least try.



  I liked this plant because it just looked different and gave it a different texture.  This one was placed in the middle.  I didn't put anything on the bottom of the pail, but just folded the stem to the heigth I wanted it.  It won't stay now, but when the others are added, they will hold this one in place.


Next, I placed the four that were the same into the pail..  Two on each side, one in the front and the other in the back.  Once they were all in, they stayed in place.
 


It need a little more color, so I bought the two red bows and placed one on each side.


And that was that.  It was very simple to do and I think it looks really nice, if I don't say so myself.  The other great thing is, it cost me less than $12.00.






I also bought the Santa and the Snowman from Hobby Lobby for 66% off.  I bought the Eddie Bauer stocking holders for $3.00 at Goodwill.  One was still in the box.  The stocking were from Goodwill too and I paid $2.00 for each of them.

 




I know, I need to remove the price tags.





Linking up to these awesome parties:
Tueseday - Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Take a Look Tuesday, Homemade Tuesdays, One Project At a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment