Monday, December 30, 2013

Making a Headboard

When looking for a headboard for our room, I wanted something different.  I was trying to get a cottage type feel to our room.  We went to Habitat for Humanity and found this screen door.  Because it was missing the hardware, we got it for $15.00.


Here we are checking it out to see how it will look.




We decided we liked it.  I primed it with a spray paint primer and then painted it with a flat paint spray paint.
Hubby drilled holes in it at the bottom and we attached it to the wall.

And here's how it looks:


We were able to make it for less than $25.00.  It would have been even better, if I had found it on the curb!
Our room is the hang out room, as you can see.  My grandson thinks he is playing a game.  Isn't he cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment