Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Decorating Containers for Bridal Shower



I recently helped with my daughter's bridal shower.  We were using real cups (that I got from the thrift store).  I wanted to put them in something nice.  I found this basket at a thrift store and the cups fit in it very nicely.  So, I just needed to figure out how to decorate it.


I had some fabric, it was actually a blanket that, yes, I got from a thrift store.  I cut it to fit the basket and then sprayed in with a spray adhesive.



Next, I put a piece of cardboard on the bottom, so it would be flat.


I cut a piece of fabric to go around the bottom.  Before I put that one in, I wrapped the fabric around all four sides.  I placed it on the bottom and brought it to the inside and then, under the cardboard.  I used the spray adhesive for this too.

 

I had a lot of help!


And here it is.  The cups fit perfectly in it and it matched the decor.






I, of course, bought these baskets from a thrift store.  I needed one for the bagels and one for the silverware.


I spray painted them white first.


I ended up just using the big one.  I found a basket I liked better for the napkins and silverware.  
I place fabric on the bottom, just to keep it smooth.


I measured the length of the basket, added 1 1/2 inches.  I measures the width of the basket, plus enough for the fabric to fold over on each side.  I cut two pieces of fabric this side, placed them together, right sides facing each other and sewed them all the way around, leaving a 2 inches hole.  I turned it inside out and then sewed a seam (see picture) all the way around.



Here's the basket with the bagels and muffins.  You can see the basket on the right with the silverware and napkins.  I made a cloth to fit inside of it, the same as the other one.  I think they add a lot to the table.








No comments:

Post a Comment