Wednesday, February 12, 2014

From Miss to Mrs. Banner Tutorial

One of the projects I made for my daughters bridal shower was a banner.






This was very simple to make.  Here's my tutorial for it.


Cut out 16 panels  I used placemats for these. From the pint in the middle to the top, it's 6".  Width is 4"






I used a pink strip of fabric, no need to sew the sides.  It was 120" (10 ft. long)



Fold each piece over on top about 1 inch and pen.



Sew each piece down or you could also glue them down.


I hung the banner up to see if I was happy with the way it looked, before adding the letters.



Next,  draw each letter out on paper.  Pin the letter to your fabric and cut them out. 





 

Pin letter to Under Wonder and cut them out..


Iron the Wonder Under to each letter.  Then, peel off the backing and iron them to each panel.









I don't have pictures of the next steps.  I bought a bottle of gold glitter paint and painted around the edges of each letter.  To separate the words, I cut out pink polka dot circles and and traced them with the paint also.  I also put a dot of paint in the middle of each circle..  Be sure and let them dry completely, so they won't stick to each other.





And that's it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment