It's Day 11 and we are almost done.... I think. Do you remember the tiles on the floor? Well, here's a picture to remind you.
We used the same glass tiles we used on the floor for the back splash as well. I was very fortunate to have my dear husband, Robert, work on the back splash, while I was out garage sale shopping.
He used his drummel tool to cut the edges of the tiles that would be on the two edges. The tiles were not attached to each other, but had a paper on them that kept them together in rows. The process was basically the same as putting the tiles on the floor. He used the premixed thin set and applied it to the wall with a trowel. He started on the ends and put the tiles on. After he was done, he removed the paper on them, so he could put the spacers on. He used a piece of wood on the bottom, to separate the tiles from the counter.
He did a great job! I can't wait to see how it looks, once it is grouted!
So, I didn't completely escape from chores today. When I got home, I did all the caulking. We have a caulking gun, but I prefer to use the ones in the tube. It's really not hard to do. I simply ran the caulk down the area I was working on. Then, I wet my finger in the water and went across the area to even it out. I keep a rag nearby, in case I need to make any clean ups.
Last thing to do today was to fix the linen closet. Since we removed the medicine cabinet, we needed a place to put the items that had been in it. I didn't want to put them in the closet, where they would just get buried. So, we hung up a shower caddy and 2 little boxes to put things in. We just screwed them into the door. I spent $4.00 at thrift stores on these items.
Well, I'm pretty pleased with Day 11. We have come a long way and it is starting to feel like a new bathroom. I'm excited to have come this far and can't wait to have it all completed!