Friday, October 25, 2013

Bedroom Makeover

In my last house, I wanted to make our bedroom have a cottage feel to it.  We had just come back from a bed and breakfast and had really enjoyed getting a way.   So, I wanted our room to feel special. 

The first thing I did was put the curtains up.  I bought laced curtains at the thrift store and mixed matched them.  I found the yellow end table and wicker chair at the thrift store too.  I paid $40.00 for both and then painted them these colors.



Next, I was looking for a specific chair when I found this one.  It was exactly what I was looking for and  I paid $40.00 for it.


Here's the new look in our seating area.



I painted the rest of our furniture, in green and turquoise.  I also painted some of the little things in our room, to bring out those colors.  I spray painted everything.  I love the turquoise.  I found the yellow lamp at a thrift store for $15.00.





We found the screen door at Habitat for Humanity.   It was missing the hardware, so we got it for $25.00.  I painted it green too.  I found the bedspread at a thrift store for $40.00 and it was brand new.  I went to Target and found the same one for over $100.00.






Here's the only picture I could find of it painted.



In the bathroom, I put a shabby chic shower curtain that I found for $3.00.





I had wanted to do this style for a while, but was afraid how my husband would feel about it.  He actually liked it, once he saw it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment